Value Methodology Associate (VMA) Certification
Professional certification for Value Analysis / Value Engineering (VA/VE) is administered by SAVE International®. AVG is licensed by the SAVE International® Certification Board to teach the Value Methodology Fundamentals 1 (VMF 1) and the Value Methodology Fundamentals 2 (VMF 2) courses.
SAVE International® (www.value-eng.org) is the premier international society devoted to advancing and promoting the Value Methodology, also known as Value Engineering, Value Analysis or Value Management. SAVE members are trained and certified in and practice the VM in more than 35 countries. Applications can include construction, product design and manufacturing, transportation, health care, government and environmental engineering.
Beginning in June 2016, the SAVE International® Certification Board is offering only two levels of certification:
- The first level is the Value Methodology Associate (VMA). VMA is a recognition designed for Individuals who are new to the Value Methodology field and have received basic Value Methodology training. Someone with a VMA certification has demonstrated a good understanding of the principles and the basic tools of the Value Methodology and is able to contribute effectively as a member of a value study team. This entry level certification is encouraged for those desiring to have ongoing involvement in Value Management. If desired, after gaining experience, a VMA may advance to CVS® certification.
- The second level is the Certified Value Specialist® (CVS®). CVS® is the highest level of certification attainable through the SAVE Certification Program. Designation is reserved for value specialists who have demonstrated expert level experience and knowledge in the practice of the Value Methodology. In some industries, such as construction or governmental studies, the CVS® is the only qualified and approved by to facilitate a value study.
VMA Certification Requirements
To achieve the VMA certification, one must:
- Select an advisor who is a Certified Value Specialist® in good standing. It is common that your VMF1 instructor will become the advisor for all participants
- Complete this approved Value Methodology Fundamentals 1 (VMF 1) course. Yes, you can do this through the Advanced Value Group!
- Submit and pay the required application fee
- Successfully pass the VMA exam
VMA Application Fee
SAVE Members Non-members
Application fee $125 $125
Certification fee $0.00 $300
The certification fee for SAVE International members is waived, and members will receive a certificate upon passing the exam.
Non-member candidates must pay the certification fee after the exam to receive their certificate. We encourage you to become a member before this course starts. Just click here.
Application and certification fees are paid directly to SAVE International® through the application and examination process.
SAVE International is the only body capable to Certify a VMA. The Advanced Value Group is licensed to train both VMF 1 and VMF 2 courses and will work as your advisor upon request.