Value Engineering Leader (VEL) Certification
Value Engineering Leader Certification Program is conducted by the Society of Japanese Value Engineering (SJVE) to accredit individuals who have sufficient basic knowledge in Value Engineering to perform as a VE team member in any organization or study group.
The Society of Japanese Value Engineering (SJVE) is a non-profit membership organization that provides and exchanges professional information about Value Engineering (VE) to Japanese industrial circles for the purpose of promoting Value Engineering activities to bring about better results among industrial and other business circles.
Due to the strategic global presence of Japanese industry, starting in 2018 SJVE has granted the Advanced Value Group the license to train the VEL courses in English and Spanish languages to Japanese companies and their suppliers.
- Aged 20 or over
- Completed 12-hour VE basic seminar (including correspondence course)
- Conducted to test basic knowledge of VE, ability to apply that knowledge in practice, and knowledge necessary to become a VE team leader
- Duration – 2 hours
- CBT (computer-based testing)
- Passing grade – 70-100 points
- VELs must renew certification every 2 years